If, like us, you are attending the Buy Yorkshire event tomorrow at the Royal Armouries in Leeds, have you thought about head hunting whilst you are there networking? It’s the perfect opportunity to put out your feelers whilst you have an audience of over 5000 people!
You will need to brief your sales & HR teams to make sure they are networking effectively at the event. They will be your eyes and ears to find, assess and acquire possible new candidates for any vacancies you may have within your company.
Here are our top tips on how to effectively network on the day:-
- Find out who you want to target. Look at the Delegate List and filter the most appealing companies or candidates. You won’t have time to network with everybody but if you have a “Top 10” it’s a start. Make sure who you are targeting is going to benefit you and your business.
- Look out for people you might know. It’s an easy way into a group conversation that might lead to new contacts and clients. It’s an excellent ice breaker and a good way of promoting your company if the person you know has already done business with you in the past.
- Be confident. Don’t stand with your colleagues in a corner. Be brave and go meet new people. Introduce yourself to a group of people, tell them as much as possible about your business. Find out what they can offer you and how you might be able to work together.
- Be authentic. Remember you are building new business relationships and possibly trying to get new candidates on board. Be yourself and don’t put on an act as people will see straight through it.
- Keep conversations brief. Save the detailed conversations for a follow-up meeting. People will be on a short timeframe and will want to mingle with as many people as possible. Swap business cards, get your main points across, then move on.
- Remember to follow up! This is probably the most important advice of all. Contact your key targets by phone or email and arrange a coffee meeting or lunch to discuss business in more detail. Follow them on social media, hook up with them on LinkedIn and check out their website/profile.
And finally…….Come and say hello to us! We are delighted to be sponsoring the main stage at this fantastic event. We will be on Stands 96 & 97 at the Buy Yorkshire Conference taking place at the Royal Armouries in Leeds on 17th & 18th May.
We will be handing out goodies and giving away FREE recruitment advice!