To celebrate our 25 years in business, over the next few weeks we will be posting tips and advice on recruitment. We hope you are enjoying our posts as much as we are writing them!
We’ve all been there, a heavy work schedule and not enough time in the day! With World Mental Health Day being held earlier this week, we thought it quite appropriate to theme this week’s “25…..” topic on ways to increase your productivity at work:-
- Take a regular break. This is a must!
- Make a list of important tasks for that day / week in order of urgency.
- Use a calendar/diary to keep on schedule with deadlines.
- Eliminate any distractions.
- Complete your most dreaded tasks first thing in the morning.
- Enjoy what you do! This is very important. Give us a call if you aren’t!
- Eat and drink well – small & often to keep the brain stimulated.
- Be organised – plan out your day accordingly.
- Evaluate your progress at the end of the week/month – what worked well and what didn’t.
- Get plenty of sleep – nobody can work when tired!
- Exercise – a gentle walk at lunchtime can really clear the head.
- Keep a clear and tidy desk – get rid of the junk.
- Get help! Can any colleagues take any tasks off you?
- Get off social media. The Facebook notifications can wait ‘til after work!
- Learn to say no. You simply cannot do everything.
- Find a mentor and model yourself on how they work.
- Set some goals. Realistic ones.
- Get up early and don’t be rushing around last minute. Get to work on time!
- Focus on one task at a time – try not to multi-task.
- Reward yourself for completing a big task.
- Prioritise your tasks ahead of time.
- Use files and folders (online and hard copies) to be more organised.
- Switch your phone off for an hour or two!
- Batch similar tasks such as sending emails, making phone calls, paperwork to save time.
- Keep calm! If it’s all getting too much and you are starting to feel stressed get some fresh air and take a few deep breaths.
In association with our 25th anniversary and in conjunction with next week’s Leeds Business Week, we are sponsoring the Drinks Reception at ChaopHraya next Thursday Night. Come and celebrate with us!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS.