To celebrate our 25th year we have launched our 25 year site. Take a look at some of the more historic facts and information that you may not know about The Works and play our fun game.
Remember, preparation is key for that all important job interview. You may have been given advice on what to say, what to wear and how to compose yourself…. but has anybody ever told you what NOT to say? To celebrate our 25 years in business, over the next few weeks we will be posting tips and advice on recruitment to assist you in your job search and prepare you for a new career.
Our first post is on the topic of “25 things NOT to say in a job interview!”
- My boss is the worst boss ever!
- I really need this job!
- Sorry I’m late.
- I don’t have childcare lined up, but I’m working on it.
- I don’t have all the experience you need, but I’m a quick learner.
- What does this company do?
- Can we make personal calls during the day?
- Can I work from home?
- What will my salary be?
- Will I have to work long hours?
- Do you do background checks?
- Are we allowed to send personal emails?
- Where’s the nearest pub?
- Do you mind if I take this call?
- How long will this interview last, I have another appointment?
- What benefits package will I receive?
- Will I have my own office?
- Perfectionism is my greatest weakness!
- How many holidays do I get?
- Urm, I don’t know!
- I hate my current job!
- You have nice eyes!
- I don’t have any questions.
- What’s the policy on dating co-workers?
- Did I get the job??!!
Just remember to keep calm, remain professional, polite and be prepared! Have a list of questions you need to ask your interviewer, research the company beforehand so you know what they do and be on time!