We have found 12 tips published by the REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) here that will help you get the most from your recruitment agency.
When using a recruitment company remember to:
• Keep in regular contact with them – make a note to ring them weekly.
• Give them all the information they need to make the job search easy.
• Be honest about the type of job you are looking for and your salary expectations.
• Tell them if there is a particular type of job you don’t want.
• Keep your CV accurate and up-to-date.
• Listen to the advice your consultant offers about improving your CV.
• Talk to your agency if you think they are not finding you enough work choices.
• Choose an agency that specialises in the type of job that you are looking for.
• Check your agencies website and credentials before sending your CV.
• Be wary of posting your CV onto a website without investigating the agency first.
• Learn to treat your CV as you would your bank cards and PINs
• Use an REC member agency if possible.
The REC are a representative body for the UK recruitment and staffing industry. They consist of over 8000 members made up of recruitment companies and agencies.