Do you currently have fun at work? Do you go home feeling happy after having enjoyed a day with your colleagues? Did you know that a happy employee is a more productive employee? Allowing some fun in the workplace can relieve any stress and just make it a more comfortable place to be in. So here’s our top 5 best ways to ensure you have more fun in your workplace:
- Smile and laugh. Spread the happiness around your workplace. A smile is infectious, so make sure you do it often and encourage others to be happy too! Compliment people and give them positive praise – it will boost their confidence and brighten their day.
- Think about the way you act. Try to be professional when you are at work and encourage positive thinking. Being a gossip will not do you any favours! Try to think of solutions rather than problems and motivate others to have the same positive outlook as yourself.
- Make your workspace a place you enjoy being in. Do you have everything you need at hand? Is it comfortable and does it meet all your basic requirements? Just changing a few minor things about your work space can have huge benefits on both your health and wellbeing.
- Make friends. Show interest in the people you work with and their lives outside of work. Socialise with them – going out as a team is a great way of having fun and forming relationships outside of work. Then when you are back at work you will be able to communicate better, trust each other more and work better together.
- Celebrate successes. Have you recently won a new client or completed a large project? You should be celebrating your achievements and giving each other a large pat on the back. Ask your boss if you can go out for lunch or bring some cakes into work – it doesn’t have to be time consuming or costly – just a little celebration of what an amazing team you are!